About Me...

I created this blog to share my latest hobby- pictures. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

8 Legged Friends

Had an opportunity to get some shots of Kyle's Cobalt Blue Tarantula (Haplopelma lividum) today....while I will admit to a small amount of cropping, I won't deny that I was laying on the ground, a mere 12 inches from this fuzzy creature. Sometimes, I was shaking because I was so nervous, I was worried about blurred pictures! 

Apparently, they make nice pets, but I'll stick to snapping the pictures...

"The cobalt blue tarantula is a mainstay in the pet trade, however it should only be kept by experienced keepers. Being a fast and defensive tarantula with potent venom means that it should not be handled, and its reclusive nature means it is rarely seen" ~ Wikipedia








No comments:

Post a Comment